Monday, February 16, 2015

My 70th B-Day Reprieve is Over!

Last September, our kids and their spouses celebrated mine and Roger's 70th birthdays with us in Coronado. 
It was an absolutely glorious time together.  
Roger had turned 70 the month before, 
but I had a reprieve until my birthday, Valentine's Day, 2015. 
It is now official. 
My good husband definitely knew how to take the sting off.
He booked us a night in Las Vegas, took me shopping, 
arranged for a relaxing massage for me, 
and treated me to some delicious food 
and an exciting live show with Broadway music and dancing. 
The weather was in the low 70's - 
unbelievable for the middle of February!

Lunch at Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris 
(The seafood appetizer platter including lobster, oysters on the half shell, shrimp and ceviche, and with the house salad, made a wonderful lunch!)

My free birthday profiterole

We checked into the Aria
and I headed downstairs for my massage.  
All I can say about that is, 
ahhhhhh!
He worked out in their gym while I savored every second of it.
Off to eat a quick and tasty dinner . . . 

Pre-Theater Special dinner at the Japanese Bar Masa in the Aria 
(delicious flavors, and I got a free birthday dessert sorbet - 
I think I look like I'm still in a massage trance!)

. . . then off to the Wynn Hotel for the show.


The name says it all - 
each and every number performed by 66 talented singers, dancers and full orchestra was truly a showstopper

A showstopper is the number in a Broadway show 
when the audience goes wild and it momentarily stops the show.

One, singular sensation, every little step she takes . . .


Taking their bows - 
Randal Keith and Kerry O'Malley (front left to right) had knock your socks off voices!

The Wynn and other grand hotels 
 are now decorated for Chinese New Year.


We almost always check out the Bellagio terrarium when we go to Vegas, where we headed next.

Back at our hotel, we capped off the evening with a dessert 
at Jean Philippe Patisserie.


The famous Trio
We have had this same dessert before, and it is so incredibly delicious, we got it again! 

That is a miniature creme brûlée, 
and it all sits on a base of creamy chocolate. 

Before . . .


. . . and After!



Next day, we went to The Buffet 
(our downfall every time, no matter how good our intentions, 
but included with our room price).
We shopped all afternoon, then had dinner at El Segundo.
We shared fish tacos, and their guacamole is to die for!


Another free birthday dessert - 
this is getting addicting!


We hurried back to St. George after dinner,
because Mindy/Jeff and kids were on their way to stay with us for Presidents' Day Weekend. 
They beat us there by ten minutes! 

We had the BEST TIME
It will supply me with happy dreams for a long while! 


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Pam! What a wonderful celebration! Your card is in the mail. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love your pretty blouse. Happy, happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you had a happy birthday! The food looks wonderful and the show you saw sounds like it was great! You and roger look so happy in all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum and YUM!!! All of the food looks incredible as always. I definitely need to try that dessert trio next time I go to Vegas. I'm glad you had such a fun trip for your bday. You deserve it! I especially loved hearing all about it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a very fun birthday weekend Mom! I'm so glad Dad spoiled you and you were able to get away! You just get prettier with each passing birthday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete