Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Aggies, A Munchkin, and Ahso, . . . Wunderbar!

How's that for a title? I guess I had better explain.

Roger and I just returned from a three-day trip from Up North,
and boy, did we cram in lots of good stuff!

But before we headed out on Saturday morning, January 24, we had our Aggie Night at Mary and Bob's on Friday night. It was a pizza party and I made kind of an Olive Garden green salad with homemade croutons 
and copy-cat dressing.


We played our traditional Five Crowns card game after dinner, and I was the Grand Champion - again!
I am probably the least-interested-in-winning person every time, and then I win.
My kids will get a kick out of this, because they know that I'm not much of a game player. 
But, okay, I'll admit it,
it's fun to win!

Roger set his iPhone camera on a bookshelf, it counted down, and flash!

Anne, me and Mary

Roger, Bob and Jay

Next morning, we drove to Rick's and arrived in time to see Rick and Josh head to the temple to do the initiatory part of his endowment, then Jodie's mom, Kathie, and dad, Bart, and all Jodie's siblings and their spouses (minus Julie, who stayed home with a sick child), Mindy and Jeff and Roger and I met them to go through a session with Josh, for him to receive his endowment. 
Josh is our first grandchild to turn 18 and receive a mission call.
We are so, so proud of this oh, so very special boy! 
After the session in the Bountiful Temple, Rick treated us all to dinner at The Mandarin Chinese restaurant - most appropriate, since Josh is going to Hong Kong, Mandarin-speaking! 
Ahso - such yummy food!

Roger, Pam, Chris, Stewart, Jennie, Jodie, Josh, Rick, Kathie, Bart, Scott, Becky, Mindy and Jeff

Afterwards, we returned to Rick and Jodie's, where Sadie and Katie were baby-sitting Mindy's and Jennie's kids. Rick and Josh had fun rough-housing with Jack and Addie.





I got some cuddle-Fiona time!



 I am so tickled that my sister, Patty, and her husband, Hal, have returned from their wunderbar LDS mission to East Berlin!  I have missed Sister Time with Patty! On Sunday, they spoke (eloquently) in church, then after the block, they put on a delicious German feast for relatives and friends. 
Don't they look like the Real Deal?
They are the Real Deal in character, devotion and dedication.


We talked and talked, catching up with each other until after 11 PM. Oh, how I love these guys! 
Before we left to drive back to Rick's, we took a quick pic.  
Roger and I hadn't brought a change of clothes.
Patty and Hal are so happy to be back with their grandkids! 
We missed Kay and Ken and Joan and Tom, who were both on vacations with their families. 
(Don't you love John's Mario Batali clogs?)


Monday, we drove to Ogden and had lunch with Lois at her new favorite place, Chuck-O-Rama. 
I have to say that, foodie though I am, there are some very tasty things to eat at this mass-buffet place.  
Lois is so fun to be with and she gets such pleasure out of everything.

Jess did my hair, then we hurried back to Rick's in time to go with Jodie and Katie 
to see Abby in, The Wizard of Oz


This is one adorable little Munchkin! 
Abby was a featured soloist in Munchkinland!




Abby was also an Oz-ite.



Pics on stage after the outstanding performance

Jodie made Abby's clever costumes - what a talented daughter-in-law we have!


Grandma Pam and Grandpa Roger are pretty proud of our Miss Abby Dabby!



Tuesday morning, we drove to Mindy's to see her in-progress-basement-being-finished, 
and the Direct TV man came, all of the sheet rock arrived and she was waiting for the inspector, 
so she couldn't slip away for lunch.
Oh, well, maybe we can go out for our birthdays in February when she and Jeff come to St. George 
on President's Day Weekend.

What a fun and cram-packed few days! 
Now it looks like it will be peaceful for awhile, but I'm not holding my breath!

4 comments:

  1. You and Roger are always on the go. That's why you both look and act so young :) We were so sad to miss being with you all at Patty and Hal's. I hate to miss out on "sister/sibling time". Jodie is amazing, what a great costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind on blogging and reading blogs - this is a great post. Your pictures are always so good and you and Roger are so supportive of your family and I am glad that that includes us! Mindy's sweet new baby is darling and you look like you are loving cuddling her. Abby makes a pretty cute munchkin! Thanks for coming to our homecoming - I'm looking forward to sister time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are becoming quite the card shark. ;) Nice work! It was so fun all being in the temple together for Josh and getting to see you guys for a bit. Abby looks so cute and that costume is incredible. Jodie does amazing work! How fun to spend time with your family. Patty and Hal look great in their German garb. I love it! A love of dressing up must be in my genes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special day that must have been with Josh. I still can't believe be is old enough to serve a mission! I think Abby looks adorable in her costume. It is so great you got to see her perform. Special times!!

    ReplyDelete