Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Sister, Patty's, Visit to St. George

One of my very favorite things to do in this whole world is to be with my sisters.
Patty was able to come stay with us for five days the early part of December while Hal was in Hawaii.
Kay and Ken invited us over for dinner for Family Home Evening and she prepared a delicious cauliflower soup, a yummy salad and a decadent chocolate dessert.  The best part was the laughter and conversation, 
sharing memories. 

Patty and I got to hear the Keynotes, the wonderful women's singing ensemble that Kay directs, sing in a nursing home.  It was the first day of their many Christmas performances, and we were amazed at how fabulous they sounded.  They were very polished, with all music, some of it difficult, memorized. After their performance, Kay, Patty and I went to lunch at Buca di Beppo, a new restaurant to St. George, and we had a tasty lunch and celebrated Patty's November birthday.  Very fun!



Patty and I had decided beforehand that we would be very industrious and not just sit around visiting, which is what we love to do, but we would make our Christmas goodies to give away to friends and neighbors. She usually makes cheese balls . . .



. . . and I make granola.




So we went to Costco, the health food store and the grocery store, then worked like maniacs.


We made about 30 cheese balls and 4 batches of granola (that's only half of the granola in the pic), then wrapped it all up.


Roger was the official taster of Patty's recipe for the cheese balls, and it passed with flying colors!


We treated ourselves the next day to pedicures and shopping in a new cute boutique, and we did manage to get in lots of sitting around and chatting!
We ate the last night at, Players, and had their famous lettuce wedge salad - yum!


Roger and I hope we get another visit real soon!

2 comments:

  1. We did have a grand time! Thanks for hosting - you always do it with such flair. I was so glad to have those Christmas goodies to give to friends and neighbors. Shortly after my trip south my life became crazy busy with company, Christmas and family gatherings etc. etc. and I am still trying to get caught up! I love our sister time and I am so glad that we enjoyed that special dinner at Kay's and that we got to hear her group sing! Now - it is your turns to come north for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats sister trips! HOW FUN!!! And I'm impressed with all your homemade goodies. Dad lucked out with his official job. I want it! :)

    ReplyDelete