Monday, April 24, 2017

Aggie Dinner Night At Our House

I kinda look forward to Roger and I hosting our Aggie Dinner Night 
because I have fun planning what we're going to eat, 
trying to make something I haven't served them before, 
and then it's fun 
figuring out how I'm going to set up the table.
I plan all of this early and work on things a bit at a time, two or three days out, 
then I don't get stressed out and I actually enjoy my own party. 
And probably the #1 reason all of this works is because Roger is such a fabulous sous chef! 
He works side by side with me as we prepare and he does most of the bending and lifting, 
which there is a surprising amount of when you cook and entertain.

I wanted to make the table be about Spring, and I had these little daisy napkin rings, 
so I used fresh daisies in this hand-painted vase I have had a long time as the centerpiece. 
And I found these cloth napkins with bright purple hyacinths we received as a wedding gift 
that I have never used! 


Roger took a few pics of the table all set up before our friends arrived.






We served the food buffet style.
I brined thick pork chops overnight, then Roger grilled them outside.
We served them with candied yams, sprialized and baked French fries 
( I wanted something crunchy with the soft yams and I got to use my new spiralizer), 
and fresh haricot vert green beans.
Mary brought a delicious green salad with yummy dressing 
and Anne baked a delicious Bundt chocolate cake she served with various flavors of gelato.


Okay, I've gone on about the food and decor, but here is why we love Aggie Night!

Jay and Anne Taylor

Bob and Mary Brady

Sorry Bob, quit chewing, we've got to get a couple pics!


We cherish our long friendships with these great people! 
Those friendships have spanned five decades!
"Make new friends, but keep the old, 
The new ones are silver, but the old ones, gold!


5 comments:

  1. I think it is so much fun that you have Aggie night with your dear friends! The table looked beautiful and the food all looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote so much!!! Everything looks just perfect and I'm sure tasted even better. I love the daisies ...this is my dream table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual you are an amazing hostess. The food and table were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table and food are a feast for the eyes. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that vase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the spring theme! So cute! I'm pretty sure I should be invited to Aggie night.

    ReplyDelete