Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Concert, A Fitbit and A Golf Warm-up

Roger and I always look forward to the Keynotes Spring Concert in the St. George Tabernacle.
My sister, Kay, The Keynotes Music Director, finds wonderful music for them to perform, 
then executes it to perfection with rehearsals and expert direction. 
The concert was gorgeous!
And this year provided a bonus! 
Our sister, Patty, her husband, Hal, and a visiting German young man from their last mission to Berlin, David,
surprised Kay when they walked into the Tabernacle for the concert. 
Patty and Hal took their German friend on a tour of some of the national parks in Southern Utah, 
and came the night before they had told her for the surprise. 



More of Kay's fans - Ken's brother, Don, and his wife, Ada, who live in St. George and Kay and Ken's daughter, Michelle and her three kids, 
who drove up from Las Vegas.

On Mother's Day, Roger always takes a pic of me and sends it to the kids 'cause none of them live nearby.
I had already changed out of my church clothes and am wearing a Mother's Day gift - my new fitbit pedometer! 
10,000 steps is a lot, I've discovered!



Our oldest grandson, Josh, and Roger have talked many times about him coming to St. George 
to golf with his grandpa and let me cook for him. 
Josh has always been fun to feed, because he loves food and will try anything!
Josh will be leaving for the MTC in June, in preparation for his Mandarin-speaking LDS mission to Hong Kong. 
So, Josh drove down to St. George on Monday after Mother's Day to stay with us and get in a couple days of golf. He was on his high school golf team, and is really pretty good.
He arrived in time for lunch and I made Cuban paninis, then they played 18 holes at Sky Mountain in Hurricane. 
That night we barbecued ribs and had baked beans, potato salad, sour cream cucumbers, balsamic tomatoes, garlic bread and chocolate sundae cake.





Next morning, they played 18 holes at Sunbrook.
Josh had five birdies and they both had some great drives.
 Josh couldn't wait to tell me that Grandpa drove it for 317 yards!
(Roger said it was helped by being downhill, and it took a great roll!)
I took their pic in our backyard.


That is the 7th green of Woodbridge in the background.


We loved having Josh all to ourselves for a couple of days. 
They don't come any finer than this kid!
Next week, our son, Rick, Josh's dad, is taking these two plus his brother, Ryan, on a golf adventure 
to Bandon Dunes in Oregon, so look out, Rick and Ryan - 
these two are warmed-up!


4 comments:

  1. Lucky, lucky Josh to get to eat his Grandma's delicious food and golf with his Grandpa. I really appreciate your support for Keynotes. You never miss. Thank you for the pictures. Your fitbit is just like mine. 10,000 is a lot. Unlike your other two sisters, I rarely get that many in a day. But I love the fitbit. It is so motivating. I never go anywhere without mine (except the shower!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love surprises. That is so fun that Patty was able to surprise Kay and attend her Keynotes concert. It is fun to see Michelle and her kids in the photo. I'm sure it was an amazing show. I love that Josh drove to St. George to get some of grandma's delicious cooking and grandpa's company on the golf course. I am sure you will all treasure those memories as Josh will be leaving soon on his mission. What a fun time for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time with Grandma and Grandpa and Josh together. Thank you so much for having him. He loved the golfing and said the food was delicious. He is a lucky boy to be so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the concert was awesome and what fun with your sisters!! That's wonderful Josh got to spend a few days with you guys. You have to store up your Josh time before he leaves!!

    ReplyDelete