Friday, March 27, 2015

Our son, Ryan, Opened A New Woman's Center and We Picked Up a New Car

Stacy and kids came back through St. George from their Spring Break ski trip up north 
and stayed with us Saturday night, March 21. Tom and Jake had flown back to Mesa earlier in the week 
(Tom, to take the scouts on a camping trip, and Jake is on the baseball team) 
and Syd is finishing the semester at BYU. 
I directed the INSTA-CHOIR Sunday morning - 
The Lord My Pasture Will Prepare
and Stacy came to the 9 AM meeting to sing with us. 
We had a large choir with several visitors and they sang beautifully and brought the spirit to our meeting.

I had prepared ahead of time a chicken Florentine and a marinated veggie salad,
so when we got back from church, we boiled the fettuccine and broiled the garlic bread, ate, 
then piled into Stacy's SUV and headed for Mesa.




Why did Roger and I go to Mesa?
Two big reasons:
Ryan, with the talented decorating help of his wife, Emily, just opened his new Woman's Center.
Ryan has outgrown the office where he has been operating his Urogynecology practice. 
He found an existing building that had been a spa, completely redesigned it to potentially house two more doctors, as well as Dr. Kelly Kantaris and himself, Physician's Assistants and physical therapists.
Check out his website:
We were so impressed with this beautiful new facility!
It incorporates Ryan's innovative and efficient ideas of how to provide the best of care for women 
and it will make them feel comfortable and at ease as they are being treated.



These two have been working very hard to bring Ryan's dream into fruition.


There are still several things to be completed, but they are up and running in this new, state-of-the-art facility. 


Monday night for Family Home evening, Stacy invited Ryan's family over for dinner.
Our wonderful Aggie friends, Mike and Kathy Cranny, who are big potato farmers from Oakley, Idaho, 
and have a second home on our block, had just given us a large box of wonderful spuds.
We brought some to share and we fixed a big potato bar.


While we were in Mesa for two days, we got to see Jake pitch and get a double in a baseball game, 
catch the end of Luke playing T-ball . . .


(Max usually plays, but he hung out with us 'cause he had a little bug.)

. . . have fun with Stacy's and Ryan's families and . . . 

(drum roll, please) . . . 

. . . pick up our new car!
Roger has been studying the internet for a few months, we have test driven a few cars 
and we narrowed it down to which car we wanted.
He found this 2014 used Lexus ES 350 with just 14,000 miles on it in Chandler, Arizona,
which is not far from where Stacy lives in Mesa. 
We drove home in it on Wednesday morning, 
and we are thrilled with it!


We donated our 2000 Maxima, with its 240,000 miles, its squirrelly front end, zero shocks 
and meat grinder noise when it runs, to the National Kidney Foundation KidneyCars. 
It has served us well!


We loved our quick trip to Mesa!
We brought home our new car, some grapefruit and oranges that Roger picked at Stacy's, 
some yummy salsa verde and some more great memories!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming down mom and dad! I am new to the blogosphere so I hope this publishes. I created an account so I can comment finally. I was very happy to see your response to visiting the new practice location. There still is a lot of work to do but I enjoyed seeing your reactions. I have always felt fully and completely supported by you in all my endeavors. I love your new car! I am glad dad let me take it for a spin. It makes me happy to know you are in a safe care - and it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I missed seeing you while I was also in Arizona. It would have been fun to get together with your families. What a beautiful new car and Ryan's new facility looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Ryan - that is soooo cool!!! And some sweet wheels! Fun quick trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy you found your car in Chandler! Thanks to Dad for driving us all the way from St. George to Mesa…that really took the pressure off of me having to do it by myself with my four youngest ones. First of all, the INSTA choir is quite amazing! I LOVED watching you lead us with so much feeling. I thought it sounded pretty amazing too. It was so fun to get to be in your choir for a moment! You are so talented, Mom, and I really loved having that experience.
    I LOVE your new car and I LOVE Ryan's new office space! He is seriously a man with a vision. I was so impressed with what he did with that space to transform it into such a lovely, homey space where women can come and feel at home. He is so talented in so many ways! I was so impressed with the way he and Emily decorated it and all the beautiful finishes they chose. His patients are so lucky!!! I loved being able to run with Dad in the mornings and eat lunch with both of you and just get to spend more time together. I love you so much Mom and Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new ride . . .and Ryan's new office. Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new car is awesome!! Ryan's new office is great - congratulations to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Stratford car bites the dust. You're welcome NKF! :) I'm so glad you are driving in a safe car again and what a sweet ride it is! Lucky Youngs got more delicious food made by you. I got to see Ry's new office when I was down there as well and it really is awesome! Sounds like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can control the radio or the heat without even having to look away while driving. All the controls are simple to find and none block my vision when driving. At night time I love the way the entire dash and control all illuminate. There is also a setting for adjusting the brightness of the control panel lights at night too.

    Douglass @ Viva Kia

    ReplyDelete