Friday, June 14, 2013

My Three Most Important Fathers In My Life



Of all of the tittles He could be called, our Lord asked, simply to be called, “Father.”

The role that my Heavenly Father has had in my life is impossible to measure.

As I look back with the 20/20 we get as we age, I realize that He has been with me, at not just every pivotal point in my life, but at every point, highs and lows - every step of the way
I have always felt that He loves me, whether I “deserved” it or not.

I realize that many of His qualities exist in the two other most important fathers in my life
my dad and my husband.
So, to discover their similarities and their differences,
I made a list with a line down the middle.
I wrote, MY DAD at the top of one side,


 and MY HUSBAND at the top of the other.

What I discovered is that their differences are in their personalities, their talents and their background, 
not in their qualities of being a great father.

They are both the oldest sons in their families.
They both learned how to work hard and taught that value to their children.

Dad lived and taught the important values of life to his children and
my husband lives and teaches the important values of life to his children, 
such as:
Be honest in your dealings; 
let integrity dictate your decisions;
trust others and in the Lord
love unconditionally
seek the good things
 and seek to be good,
and many others.

Dad was a rock of strength.
My husband is a rock of strength.

They both could/can be counted on – 
they were/are there when it counted/counts,
for their children.

Both - good listeners
Both – giver of good counsel
Both - a Joy to be with

Both – teachers of JOY:
The simple pleasures such as playing on the floor with your kids and grandkids
Appreciating the beauty in God’s world
Enjoying good music, good food, good times with each other
Helping others
Serving the Lord

Their children and grandchildren feel so loved by them.
Family - their first priority.

They both have a tremendous influence on their children and grandchildren.
Their significance never diminishes.
They influence our lives for good.

How blessed I am, 
my siblings are 
and my children and grandchildren are
to have these three beloved fathers in our lives.




















































Happy Father's Day, dear husband, Roger!

Roger and I celebrated Father's Day 
attending great church services, 
then grilling asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash and pineapple . . .



. . . and steak with salted baked potato 
with smoky paprika Greek yogurt and sourdough bread.




I love this sweet father of my children!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and tribute to Dad and to Roger! You have said it so well and I love all of the pictures - they capture your message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of qualities and I loved all the pictures. It made me miss my Dad today. Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this!! I would say ditto to everything you said. I too love all the fun pictures!! I am so very blessed indeed to have these men in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a lucky girl to have such an amazing dad and grandpas! I love all the photos of grandpa Gabe and dad! Two of the very best men on the planet! What a nice tribute...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete