Monday, December 31, 2018

Our 51st Wedding Anniversary Celebration

Almost every year since moving to St. George, Roger and I have stepped out of the busy Christmas prep
 for a couple of days to celebrate our wedding anniversary in Las Vegas.
We shopped a little and wandered through the beautiful Christmas decorations at The Palazzo and The Winn  
before we checked into The Aria, and, of course, had to take some pics.
Isn't this the perfect backdrop for a 51st anniversary pic?



The Palazzo is always so beautifully adorned at Christmastime.


The Winn's decorations are always created with thousands of flowers.




The Aria's style is sleek contemporary.





We had heard that the Wicked Spoon in The Cosmopolitan was a great buffet, 
so we tried it our first night. 
I loved the seafood Bouillabasse and they had great coconut macaroons on the dessert bar.
Roger and I really like coconut macaroons!


We walked a lot that day, so we took a little break before heading back to our hotel.
Don't you love Roger's socks? 


Next stop, we took the tram to The Bellagio to see the spectacular terrarium. 
They had an impressive new display this year!






These horses were huge, and their tails even swished!


Can't visit The Bellagio without taking a pic of Chihuly's blown glass ceiling. 
It never fails to entrance me.

We Christmas shopped in the outlets all of the next day, 
then had our celebration dinner at a new restaurant in our hotel.
It was decorated so beautifully!







The food was delicious and this coconut sorbet was one of our favorite desserts ever!



After dinner we headed to The Venetian to see this upbeat show I talked about in my last post - Human Nature. 


Before we left for St. George the next day, we had an early lunch at our favorite - Mon Ami Gabi.

Chicken and mushroom crepe

Avocado toast

Oh my goodness, as I look back on my last few posts as I record them, 
it is shockingly obvious why #1 on my resolution list is. . . 
well, you can probably guess!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like a fun anniversary getaway! I love the pics by the "LOVE" sign...you look like you are celebrating your 51st birthday, not anniversary...you both look so young! The Christmas decorations are really incredible. The Catch Restaurant looks like an awesome restaurant...I love the flower wall and your sushi roll. Mom, you look absolutely beautiful in that purple turtleneck sweater! I also love Dad's striped socks. I am so happy you were able to have a fun few days celebrating your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sushi looks amazing. Looks like lots of impressive winter displays in the hotels. I agree with Stacy about the purple sweater and the socks! I love this tradition of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 😂 I’m pretty sure it’s everyone’s New Years resolution. All that food looks amazing though!! I always love your anniversary get-aways to LV. All of those Christmas displays are so impressive and beautiful. I especially love your pic in front of the love sign. 😍❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! What a great accomplishment! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete