Monday, June 5, 2017

Lind Family Stay-Over

St. George is located right on the main artery freeway to Las Vegas and southern California,
so Roger and I get stay-over visits when some of our traveling families pass through.
Mindy, Jeff and kids spent a week going to Disneyland, Universal Studios and the beach, 
stayed in our home on the way going while we were in Mesa, 
then stayed with us for a couple of nights on their way back home up north.
So fun to have the kids visit Grandma and Grandpa!
Charlie, Jack, Addie and Fiona

Roger grilled some salmon and we made roasted potatoes, corn and tossed green salad for dinner.
Miss Addie set our table so pretty!



I had made an ice cream pie a couple of weeks before that I had stored in my freezer 
for whatever company we had next. 
I had had extra whipping cream to use up, 
so I tried a new recipe to simulate those yummy drumstick cones. The crust is made out of sugar cones, 
then there is chocolate ganache spread on the crust, 
then the homemade vanilla bean ice cream, 
then a chocolate shell with nuts on top. It was a hit!


The kids swam both days they were here and Roger and I swam with them on Saturday.
We played Marco Polo for awhile and just played in the water.




Miss Fi is scared of the water right now, 
so she watched the fun, sitting on the highest step of the pool sometimes.


Mindy got pics of the kids making towers, and they actually made a four decker with Charlie on top, too, 
but she didn't get a pic of it.



Fiona and I sang along with lots of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and other Silly Songs on the iPad.



After we showered and blow-dried, we got a quick pic with the kids  
before they headed home late Saturday afternoon.


It was another fun time with our littlest grandkids!
We're glad I-15 passes through St. George and brings our kids and grandkids to us!

5 comments:

  1. We love our visits to St. George! Thank you for the delicious meals and good times. It was the perfect relaxing stop on our way home. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Fi!!! She is growing up too fast. Lucky duckies got to cuddle and sing with her - and all those cute Linds! That dinner and dessert looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy and Jeff have 4 beautiful kids! Your dinner looked and sounded so good - I want that recipe for the ice cream pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading this as I am babysitting these 4 adorable Lind kids! Little miss Fiona is sooo adorable I can't even stand it. I am so glad they were able to visit to and from Cali. You are always so nice to make such yummy meals and

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make everyone one feel so special and loved!

    ReplyDelete