Friday, January 8, 2016

An Early Christmas Present

Because it was a moment in time for our family,
before our oldest grandson, Josh Stratford, left for his mission to Hong Kong, Mandarin speaking,
before our oldest granddaughter, Sydney Young, got married December 19,
we wanted a family portrait. 

The wonderful photo studio that did each of our brides' portraits and their wedding pics, 
Busath Photography, does family portrait composites.
The cool thing about these portraits is that each family is taken individually in their studio in SLC, 
which can be on the same day 
or their sittings can be on different days, 
then Busath makes a composite that looks like the whole family is posing at the same time. 
Such a method is the only way our family could have a portrait with us all together.
Over about a six week time-frame, we and our five kids, with their families 
(from SLC, St. George and Highland, Ut; Mesa, Az; and Boise, Id) made our way to Busath for this portrait:





We used this pic for our Christmas card, 2015.
My talented daughter, Missy, and I designed it and she put it together.
It was folded two times, with the front flap saying:
The entire card opened up to our portrait.

The second flap said:
The back flap said this:

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the family picture and I am so grateful to you and Dad for getting all of us to take the time to get the photos taken so we all can enjoy the photo...it is definitely a treasure! I am so lucky to have such special parents, siblings, in laws, nieces and nephews whom I love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure this portrait is! I love mine SO much!! It's hanging on my canvas wall and looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my picture too! And the card turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete