Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Special Guy

This is the man I married 48 years ago in December.
He is the father of our five kids,
 and 25 grandkids call him Grandpa.
I honor him as my husband and as a dad 
and I shared some thoughts 
and some Daddy pics of him on a past Father's Day click  here.


Friday, we began a small celebration of this Father's Day 
by going to Vegas for a one-to-one on our Mac.
It was Restaurant Week and we had a three-course lunch at Joe's Stone Crab - delicious!
We shopped and found some shirts for Roger on a great sale at Under Armor and some things 
for me to take on our vacation in August.


Sunday, our church meetings were extra-special with a visiting daughter sharing experiences 
and spiritual thoughts about her father, an 87 year old stake patriarch in our branch.
After we returned home and changed clothes, Roger grilled steaks - I know it was Father's Day, 
but he is our Master Chef on the grill! 


I made a corn, onion and sweet pepper dish, mashed potatoes and sweet pickled cucumbers and onions 
to go with our steaks.


And what could be better than Croshaw's lemon pie with sour cream topping?



With phone calls from all of his kids throughout the day and night, 
this was a very happy father!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. Dad really is THE BEST! Such great pics of such a handsome guy!!! And wow that food...yum! I want to eat that steak and salad right now. It sounds like it was a lovely Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and Vegas sounded fun too! Can't beat Joe's Stone Crab...mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Father's Day weekend! Dad never ages does he? He is just as handsome as ever! I love the pics. We are all so lucky to have such an amazing dad! Joe's Stone Crab food looks delicious as does the steak you ate on Father's Day. I am so glad you had some yummy meals to celebrate such a special guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Roger - one of my most favorite people in the world! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful birthday - you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete