Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Past Blasting

The last few weeks, Roger and I have been sorting through old slides, then scanning them and putting them in iPhoto. I have a long, ongoing project of writing my personal history, so I have had my head back in the past, trying to remember. 
HUGE challenge!
Just for fun, here are some pics of a horse-packing trip we took in the wilderness from Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park. 
Kurt Loosli, a friend and fraternity brother of Roger from Ashton, Idaho, provided all of the gear, horses, food, etc. Our goal was to reach Shoshone Lake, but a big rainstorm stopped us from our original destination, so we stopped and set up camp.



West Yellowstone
(Now, don't laugh at those boots - I think I borrowed them from Roger!)


Loading up at Kurt's 


Are the matchsticks convincing that we're real cowgirls?


Mosquito-proofing


Getting out of the rain in our quickly-assembled shelter


 Carol and I were in good hands with two frontiersmen!








Ah, to be young again!





5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so many thoughts....You two are seriously good looking cowgirl/boys. I LOVE your yellow pants and B&W stripped shirt. That is totally in fashion today. If you still owned them Missy could totally rock them! I've only ever known you didn't like camping...but look at you roughing it AND riding a horse?! There's so much I don't know about you huh? :) Good thing you're writing your personal history!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thought...the one of you leaning back on that rock all casual like...holy MODEL! Your legs go on for days!!! My mom is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lied, more thoughts...that first pic of you smiling and looking at Dad and he's looking right into the camera all Marlboro man-like. It looks like the cover of a cowboy magazine. Could you two be any cuter?! Also, dad looks 12 in that pic. He has such a baby face! No wonder he looks so young now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard about that adventure in Yellowstone. That's Tom's old stomping ground. I'm like Mindy, who knew you ever camped? ;) What fun pictures. You two do look pretty cute! I still think Jared looks just like Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I was going to say the same thing: Pam camping??? This does not compute! And yet, there you are! I LOVE these pictures!

    ReplyDelete