Monday, May 15, 2017

May's Fun Holidays


I actually remember celebrating May Day on May 1st in grade school 
by dancing around a maypole holding a pretty ribbon, 
but those days are long gone for us!
So the first holiday we get into every year is Cinco De Mayo!
While we really have no connection to Mexico or the Mexican heritage, 
it gives us a great excuse every year to have Mexican food 
and maybe a party!
This year we treated Jim and Kathy Jensen to Mexican food, 
then they treated us to a great comedy night at Tuacahn.
Brian Regan headlined and was hilarious, and just as funny was his warm-up act, Taylor Tomlinson.
They are both pretty clean comics and we laughed so hard our cheeks hurt!


They performed to a packed crowd in Tuacahn's beautiful outdoor amphitheater.


Just to throw in a little real life humor to this post, 
look who ambled through our backyard recently!



Roger always takes pics of me after church on Mother's Day.
Our meetings were extra special with great talks 
and a beautiful duet by two sister missionaries in Sacrament meeting, 
then a duet by our Relief Society teacher's daughter and granddaughter, 
accompanied on the cello by her grandson. 
It was all excellent music!


I got lots of lovely cards and gifts from my great kids and wonderful husband, 
then he made me a delicious dinner of shrimp cocktail, Alaskan crab legs, baked potatoes and asparagus.
He brought home my favorite 25 Main cupcakes for dessert.


Then the rest of the evening I spent chatting on the phone with each of my kids and families, 
my favorite part of Mother's Day!
I remember in years past when we were raising our kids, 
I used to feel somewhat guilty on Mother's Day while listening to the talks, 
thinking of all the things I hadn't done right. 
Now I just focus on the positive, feeling such gratitude in my heart 
for the opportunity that the Lord gave me 
to get to be the mom to 5 wonderful kids!
I think I must be the luckiest mom in the world!

4 comments:

  1. You were and are a wonderful mom . . . the proof is in the pudding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes that skunk is too close for comfort. Concorde mayo should always be celebrated. Any excuse to eat Mexican food! And it's hard to believe you would ever question your mothering abilities because you are the greatest mother!!! I feel so very very blest God sent me to you. I couldn't ask for a better mother. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty in orange - I think taking a photo each Mother's Day is a great tradition and you are an awesome mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty mom! I love that orange jacket on you! am so glad you had a happy Mother's Day! I am so grateful you are my mom...I am the luckiest!! I love you!💕

    ReplyDelete