Monday, May 21, 2018

BYU Women's Conference & Mother's Day, 2018

My favorite thing this year, right up there with our 50th Wedding Anniversary Cruise with our family, 
was being with my five daughters and attending BYU Women's Conference.
Each of these much-beloved gals had to move Heaven and earth to arrange their busy, busy lives 
to be there for the two-day conference of classes.

I think we would all agree - 
So Worth It! 



We attended some classes together, some separately, then shared with each other what we had learned. 
I LOVED sharing all of the spiritual stuff with my girls.


Part of the fun of BYU conferences is running into old friends, which we all did 
and got so excited to see them!

Missy, Stacy and Mindy with our friend and neighbor from Ogden, Cindy Marcheschi
She was Young Women President for Missy and Mindy, and Tom, her husband, was Roger's First Counselor when he was Bishop of the Forest Green ward.

We stayed in adjoining rooms at the downtown Provo Marriott 
and had some great discussions and bonding time in our PJs.
On Thursday evening we ate dinner at Black Sheep Cafe downtown (delicious Southwest/American Indian fusion), 
then hurried to see a really good musical variety show at the Marriott Center.
We capped the evening off by trying every flavor of the cronuts from a bakery that Mindy knew about.
Yum! Thanks, Missy!

Black Sheep Cafe



We got to hear some wonderful talks from known authorities in the church 
and many from special sisters we'd never heard of who had poignant messages 
and food for thought and future action.
One of my favorites was Jennifer Platt, 
a down-to-earth mother who addressed some current issues with great candor and wisdom. 
We also especially enjoyed Sister Sharon Eubank, 1st Counselor  of the Relief Society General Presidency.
Our new member of the Twelve Apostles, Gerrit Gong and his wife, Susan, addressed us with humor and love in the closing session, and they were darling!


We all had dinner together near Mindy and Jeff's home, where Roger and Jeff joined us, 
before we all caught planes, etc., to go our separate ways. 
What a joy to be with some of my favorite people on earth!


And I would say that the true hero and loved person of all is Roger. 
He volunteered to babysit Mindy's kids so she could go.
 Missy also brought little Claire and Ellie to stay with them. 
Her girls would have been alone Friday because Jedd and the three boys went on a Father and Son campout. 
Ellie was actually a wonderful help. She is so cute with the littles!

Addie came down with a little fever and she crawled up on Grandpa's lap and fell asleep.


I am so truly blessed and so grateful for my wonderful children and grandchildren.
Which leads me to the joy and gratitude I felt on Mother's Day.





Though I couldn't be with any of them physically, I received many gestures of their love.


Roger spoiled me by preparing a wonderful Alaskan King crab dinner. 
My cute visiting teacher (now ministering friend), Janice Ence, 
brought over a delicious banana cream pie from Veyo.


I am so lucky that I have been married to this wonderful man for 50 years, 
and that our kids got to be raised by such a great and loving father.
I am a most fortunate mother indeed!


6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day indeed! How wonderful that you got to attend Women's conference with your daughters. What a special experience. You and Roger are both fabulous parents with an amazing posterity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to experiment Women’s Conference together! It looked like you had a wonderful time! Happy Mother’s Day to a super mother - you have raised some great kids and grand kids too! And yes Roger is also super! You make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women's Conference with my sisters and mom really was so great! Your mother's day meal looks delicious! Love you so much Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved women’s conference!!! What a fun weekend full of LOVE! So great to be able to go with Family.
    I agree with patty..you and dad are such a great team..love you both so much!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to do this with your daughters and that you had a happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Women’s Conference was fabulous! Spending time with my mom and sisters is always special. I am so glad we were all able to make it work and Dad was so nice to watch the little ones so we could all enjoy our time together!
    You looked so pretty on Mother’s Day! I am glad Dad made a yummy Alaskan King Crab dinner for you...you definitely deserve it! You are the BEST and I love you!!❤️

    ReplyDelete