Monday, November 13, 2017

What Did We Do on Halloween?

Roger and I have spent pretty much all of the Halloweens for the past 46 years 

taking our kids/grandkids trick or treating and answering doorbells.

I was excited when Holly Laird leaned back to me from a pew in church before the meeting started 
and invited Roger and I to her Halloween Open House. 
The whole branch and neighborhood were invited with invites by word of mouth.
She said, with a twinkle in her eye, "Wear a costume, 
but if you don't, we'll only stare at you with scorn for one minute!"

Halloween Party
Bob and Holly Laird's beautiful home was decorated gorgeously
(can Halloween be gorgeous?)!


Pattie Haynes (left) took many great pics and this lovely geisha (she is really a redhead) is our hostess, Holly.


Our branch president was in US Post Office administration, so he came in uniform, and his cute wife, Lori, made a giant postcard.

There was lots of delicious, spooky food.

We each had our fortunes told by Bob Routsong.
They were actually of a spiritual nature.
He also gave us each pins he had made up with the new Cedar City Temple on them.

So Roger and I came up with this costume. He is the pilot, and I represent the T-38 plane he instructed in that is flying through the sky and the clouds!
Thanks, Min, for making my cloud hat!

We were amazed at the many great costumes!









This gal's name is Charlotte.
Get it?


There were many more not pictured.  What a great way to spend Halloween!




6 comments:

  1. What a fun party!! There were some great costumes. What a fun way to spend Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Halloween! I love your costumes and ALL the crazy costumes that others wore - you have very creative branch and neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite costumes were definitely you and Dad! I love seeing you dressed up and I think it is so clever what you did! You are the best looking, youngest looking, coolest at the party! I love you Mom and Dad! Looks like it was a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What clever costumes. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love this!! What fun friends with awesome costumes. Love the decor and spooky food...this is right up my alley. :) I love how the cloud hat turned out and Dad always looks so handsome in his uniform. So so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your costumes are awesome!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete