Saturday, November 25, 2017

Featured Fun x Five

Painted Pony and Piano Guys

Our fun friends, Jim and Kathy Jensen, invited us out for a fun evening at Tuacahn to see The Piano Guys and we met some of their Ogden friends for dinner at Painted Pony.

Brett and Diane Muse, Roger and I, Jim and Kathy Jensen and Robert and Lana Lamb

The show was truly wonderful, the best of these guys we have seen!


Mindy Runs SG Marathon

Mindy ran the SG Half Marathon on Saturday, November 4, and her family came with her to cheer her on. They came Friday night while we were with our friends at Tuacahn and left Sunday morning. 
We cheered as she crossed the finish line!




Yay, Mindy!
I fixed homemade mac and cheese (hoping the kids would like it!) and grilled pork tenderloin for dinner. 
It was fun to have them stay with us.



Double Temple Day

A Wedding

We were honored to attend the temple wedding of this beautiful couple, Bob and Holly Laird. 
They joined the church a little over a year ago, and were recently sealed in the temple.
There were 60 other branch members in attendance.



A Temple Open House

We headed that afternoon to Cedar City to go through the Cedar City Temple Open House.
It was a gorgeous day and we were so impressed with the simple beauty inside this new house of the Lord.


Veterans Day, 2017

We could hardly wait for Veteran's Day! 
Roger recently found his USAF flight "bag" and wore it to work on Friday. 
NAI posted his pic on Facebook

On Saturday, several restaurants honored the vets with free meals, so Roger and I, like last year, 
made a day of it!
Breakfast at Denny's, lunch at Texas Roadhouse . . .


. . . dinner at Applebee's and free yogurt at Menchies.
Burp!
The doggie bags actually fed us the next day!
So many kind people came up to Roger to shake his hand and thank him for his service.


These were five very different happy occasions, and each were wonderful! 

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you were able to see and hear the Piano Guys - they are awesome! Congratulations to Mindy - that is an achievement to be proud of! I love the picture of Roger in his flight suit and the picture of both of you at the Cedar City Temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he wore his flight uniform and that he was honored. Way to go Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great race in beautiful Snow Canyon! Thanks for cheering me on and for the yummy food. The mac n cheese may have been for my kids but I think I liked it the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Mindy!!! And way to make the most of Veterans Day! I love telling my kids stories you have shared with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Mindy!! That is a big accomplishment to run that race! So fun you got to be there to cheer her on! The dinner at the Painted Pony and Piano Guys looked like a fun night! I absolutely LOVE that pic of dad in his flight uniform on Veteran’s Day! I love that so many restaurants offer free meals for our vets...such a nice tribute for their sacrifice! What a fun day going to all those places! I love that people came up to dad and shook his hand and said thank you...there is so much good in the world!

    ReplyDelete