Monday, January 7, 2013

An Entire Post on Thanksgiving Bark? Really?

Okay, so I am behind on my blog. 
 I am REALLY behind on my blog!

It seems that our life became a bit of a blur after we left Missy/Jedd's, and immediately began preparing for Thanksgiving at our house with all kids and grandkids coming except Mindy and Jeff's family in Houston.  And that included doing our Christmas shopping, so we could send our gifts home with each family. 
That involved a day trip to Primm to the Williams Sonoma store, then a couple days of wrapping, wrapping.
 But I get ahead of myself.

I wanted to give each person at our Thanksgiving tables a little homemade goodie/treat, 
so I made this chocolate bark. 
I wish some of my grandkids lived close by so they could have helped me "decorate" it!


I made a milk chocolate and a semi-sweet chocolate base, then added lots of Thanksgiving treats on the bases.


Can you identify the goodies?  Let's see, I'll try to remember:
Reese's pieces, M & M's, 3 different kinds of candy corn, including cinnamon -flavored and maple flavored, tiny marshmallows, gingerbread-flavored marshmallows, and the orange chocolate on top is melted discs from Michael's.  Oh, and the piece de resistance, broken vanilla and chocolate Oreo cookies!




I wrapped up thirty little bags of yum!






If Roger wouldn't take so many fun pics, I wouldn't have to put so many on this post!
He's kind of handy to have around!

No comments:

Post a Comment